Finding the Best web hosting service for your new blog is always challenging. As a new blogger, we always look for cheap hosting to save money. But this way, we sometimes choose a bad web hosting company.
Finding the right hosting provider is tricky. There are many choices; how can you ensure you pick the best provider for your website?
Our recommendation for most people is Hostinger because it’s an affordable, fast, and reliable web hosting service. Sign up with Hostinger for as low as $1.99 per month. For all our readers we have a special Hostinger Coupon Code: BLOGGINGJOY to avail some extra discount.
I have spent over 12 years in this industry & running multiple websites. After trying more than 10+ hosting companies’ plans, I list the top 10 web hosting companies for new bloggers.
- Hostinger: The best overall
- GreenGeeks: The best for always-on support
- A2 Hosting: The best host for sites with lots of visual content
- Nexcess: The best e-commerce host
- DreamHost: The best option for quick and responsive website changes
- Bluehost: The best WordPress hosting for beginners
- Cloudways: The best for cloud hosting
- WP Engine: The best-managed WordPress host
- HostGator: The most affordable option for startups
- InMotion: The best choice for scaling big.
Keep reading for why these hosts are my top picks and how much it will cost to host your site on each.
Web Hosting Explained for Beginners (Complete Guide)
In today’s digital age, online presence is crucial for individuals and businesses. Whether a personal blog or a full-fledged e-commerce platform, websites are the gateways to reaching a global audience. However, to make your website accessible to the world, you need web hosting. Let’s find out everything about web hosting, exploring its definition, purpose, and how it works.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting refers to the service that allows individuals and organizations to make their websites accessible on the Internet. It involves storing website files, databases, and other necessary data on a server connected to the internet. These servers are powerful computers that host multiple websites simultaneously.
Purpose of Web Hosting
The primary purpose of web hosting is to allow users to make their websites accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Hosting companies offer server space and technical support to ensure websites are available 24/7. Without web hosting, websites would only be accessed locally or within a private network, limiting their reach to a specific group of people.
How Does Web Hosting Work?
The physical computer responsible for keeping your website accessible to visitors around the clock is known as the server hosting your site. By purchasing servers from a web hosting service, you can store all your website’s data on their provided servers.
When a user enters your domain name in their browser’s address bar, the web host’s server will transfer all the necessary files to display your website.
While it’s possible to host a website on your own, it requires advanced technical skills. Self-hosting involves setting up and configuring a web server from scratch, including the necessary equipment, infrastructure, hardware, and software. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for ongoing maintenance.
Choosing a web hosting service provider ensures optimal performance and enhanced security measures for your website. Moreover, it simplifies the complexities of website hosting, from software installation to technical support.
Types of Web Hosting Services
Several web hosting services are available to accommodate the diverse needs of websites and online applications. Each type of hosting offers different features, resources, and levels of control. Here are some of the most common types of web hosting services:
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is a popular and cost-effective option for hosting multiple websites on a single physical server. Each website shares the server’s resources, including CPU, RAM, and storage. This type of hosting is suitable for small to medium-sized websites with moderate traffic.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting: VPS hosting utilizes virtualization technology to create multiple virtual servers on a single physical server. Each virtual server operates independently, providing dedicated CPU, RAM, and storage resources. VPS hosting offers more control and scalability than shared hosting, making it suitable for growing websites with higher resource demands.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: With dedicated server hosting, you have an entire physical server dedicated solely to your website. This provides maximum control, flexibility, and resources. Dedicated hosting is ideal for large websites or applications with high traffic, custom configurations, or specific security requirements.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting involves hosting websites on interconnected servers, often called a cloud infrastructure. It offers scalability and reliability by distributing resources across multiple servers. Cloud hosting is suitable for websites that experience variable or unpredictable traffic patterns.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Managed WordPress hosting is specifically tailored for WordPress websites. The hosting provider handles technical aspects such as updates, backups, and security, allowing website owners to focus on content creation. Managed WordPress hosting often includes additional features and optimizations for WordPress sites.
- Reseller Hosting: Reseller hosting enables individuals or businesses to sell web hosting services to customers. It allows you to create and manage multiple separate hosting accounts, each with its own control panel. Reseller hosting is suitable for web developers or agencies who want to offer hosting as part of their services.
These are some of the most common types of web hosting services available. When selecting a hosting provider and style, consider your website’s requirements, traffic expectations, budget, and level of control you need.
Best Web Hosting Providers For 2023 [Updated]
These hosting companies provide affordable, high-performance, feature-packed, secure & good support with their hosting package. So, feel free to get your best hosting plan right here. We are also covering a lot of web hosting deals and upcoming Black Friday Hosting Offers, Cyber Monday Sale 2023, and many more hosting promotions so that you can save money on your next web hosting purchase.
Remember, you need quality hosting to build a fast-loading website in 2023. So, don’t compromise and invest in the best fast WordPress hosting under budget.
Why To Buy
1. 24/7/365 ticket and live chat support
Starts from$0.99/mo. Special Hostinger Promo
2. A2 Hosting
1. SSDs and TurboServer for 20x faster pageloads
Starts from$2.99/moSpecial A2 Hosting Promo
1. Free Domain + SSL Certificate
Starts from$2.65/mo ($8.99/mo)Special Bluehost Promo
1. FREE SSL
1. 45-day money back guarantee
1. Free domain name
1. Very affordable prices at $1.58
How to Choose a Good Web Hosting: Key Factors
Choosing the right hosting is always tricky, as thousands of hosting companies offer the cheapest plans. But it is a straightforward task if you know how to find the best web hosting package by validating a few key parameters.
Let me share a few factors to decide the best hosting for your WordPress blog. Read these points carefully to easily pick the right hosting considering all these key points.
1) Uptime – Just check how much Uptime your hosting company is promising. Even though many promise 100% uptime, find genuine reviews from customers who already got the same. For a good hosting company, uptime should be more than 99.99%, as 100% can’t be practically possible.
E.g., I always check trustpilot.com for genuine reviews and also fit various Facebook groups for online polls where people share their honest feedback as a vote. That’s why I always use & recommend Bluehost & Hostinger as the best WordPress hosting for new bloggers.
2) Speed – Do you know that your website speed highly depends upon your hosting plan? Yes, when your web hosting servers are as per the latest technology, latest PHP version, SSD disk, and have advanced cache system enabled, your website will automatically get fast loading experience. After that, if you further optimize your website, it will load even faster. So, check out their speed features and latest speed technologies, and buy a fast WordPress hosting provider only.
3) Customer Support – This is a very crucial point that many beginners ignore. Buying hosting with the lowest price is not done; the problem starts after you become a customer of that hosting company. You will face many issues as soon as you start setting up your website, and during that period, if your hosting company doesn’t offer quick LIVE chat or Phone support, you will feel the heat. So, check out the hosting company’s excellent service; even if you need to spend extra money, don’t buy a hosting plan without good support.
4) Security: Do you know that a hacker can quickly access your website and ruin all your efforts in just a few seconds. Every year millions of websites get compromised due to insufficient security. And this is the responsibility of a suitable, highly secure web hosting plan. If you go for a quality WordPress hosting plan, you will, by default, get lots of inbuilt precautions like malware scanning, bot protection, and many more.
5) Space: Nowadays, every website needs a lot of space as we must use many high-quality images, videos & other media files. For that reason, you need a hosting plan with a good amount of space. And on top of that, looks like SSD-based servers with unlimited space.
6) Server Location: This is another crucial point to consider when choosing the right WordPress hosting. Server locations or data centers are where your website files are stored and fetched. E.g., if you are creating a website for Indian traffic, then it is recommended to buy a WordPress hosting plan with an Indian server only. That’s how you will load faster, and your audience will love your website.
7) SSL Certificate: SSL certificate is another mandatory thing for your website. Nowadays, you can’t have a website without HTTPS, and if you want to buy them separately, it will cost you a lot. That’s why I always recommend going with a web hosting plan where you will get a free SSL certificate. Even though that is the basic level, it’s enough for a new blogger.
8) Traffic limit: You might have noticed many web hosting companies mentioned a specific traffic limitation on their web hosting pricing plans. E.g., if you check Hostinger WordPress hosting plans, you will see a traffic limit mentioned. As a shared hosting, there is always a limit for anything, and I would say these hosting companies are very transparent in declaring everything upfront. But as a new blogger, the mentioned traffic limit is way enough.
9) Number of websites: This point is critical. Most of the time, you will find that the cheapest plan comes with only 1 website hosting capacity. And if you notice carefully, the following plan with multiple websites will hardly cost you a few $$ extra, even with more other features. That’s why I always recommend you buy a hosting plan with multiple website capacities only.
10) Free Domain: Nowadays, almost every hosting company offers a free domain with their plans to attract customers. This is not free for a lifetime, but you can save the domain registration changes for 1st year at least. But make sure you pick the exemplary domain hosting service, considering all the other points mentioned above.
This way, we are always trying to help you with proper knowledge and information so you can buy good hosting and invest your money to grow your website. Whether you’re looking for cheap, managed, shared, or WordPress hosting, we’ve got everything covered on our website. So keep track of our website and read the articles. If you have any questions, please comment on the post and ask your questions.
Don’t Miss These Holiday Sales & Offers
|Independence Day Hosting Sale||Web Hosting Summer Sale||Web hosting Diwali Sale|
|Christmas Web Hosting Sale||Labor Day Hosting Sale||Halloween Web Hosting Sale|
A Comprehensive Review of Top Web Hosting Companies
Let’s explore and evaluate the features and benefits of some of the most renowned hosting companies in the industry. We’ve covered whether you want affordability, exceptional support, specialized hosting, or scalability.
1. Hostinger – Starts at $0.99/mo Only
Hostinger is widely recognized as one of the best overall hosting providers. Offering an array of hosting services, including shared, VPS, and cloud hosting, Hostinger boasts excellent uptime, fast loading speeds, and competitive pricing. Their user-friendly control panel, extensive knowledge base, and 24/7 customer support make them an ideal choice for beginners and experienced website owners.
Let’s check out the Hostinger Pros and Cons first.
- Affordability: Hostinger is known for its competitive pricing, making it a cost-effective option for many users, particularly beginners.
- Performance: With high uptime and fast loading speeds, Hostinger provides reliable performance.
- Variety of Hosting Options: Hostinger offers a wide range of hosting services, including shared, VPS, and cloud hosting, which can cater to various needs.
- User-Friendly Interface: Hostinger’s control panel is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, even for those without much technical expertise.
- Website Builder: Including a website builder can help beginners create websites without needing to understand code.
- 24/7 Support: Hostinger provides round-the-clock customer support, offering assistance whenever users encounter issues.
- No Daily Backup in Lower Plans: Daily backups are essential for website security, but Hostinger only includes this feature in their higher-priced plans.
- No Free Domain in Basic Plan: Many competitors provide a free domain for at least the first year, but Hostinger does not offer this in its most basic plan.
- Upselling Tactics: Some users have reported aggressive upselling tactics during the checkout process, which can be off-putting.
- Limited Features in Basic Plans: While Hostinger’s pricing is low, its most affordable plans are somewhat limited in features compared to other providers.
- No Phone Support: While Hostinger offers 24/7 customer support, they do not provide phone support, which some users may find inconvenient.
Hostinger provides different types of hosting options at the most affordable rates. It’s perfect for those seeking cost-effective solutions without compromising on top-notch features and dependable hosting. Hostinger’s plans include premium features like a complimentary domain (first-year registration free), SSL certificates, and prompt support, enhancing their value proposition.
- Shared web hosting: $2.99 per month / renews at $5.99 monthly.
- Cloud hosting: $9.99 per month / renews at $24.99 per month
- WordPress hosting: $2.99 per month / renews at $8.99 per month
- VPS hosting: $3.99 per month / renews at $7.99 per month
2. GreenGeeks – Starts at $2.95/mo Only
GreenGeeks sets itself apart by providing exceptional support around the clock. Their commitment to eco-friendly practices, solid uptime, and high-quality infrastructure makes them a reliable choice for businesses requiring a continuous online presence. GreenGeeks’ responsive support team ensures that any technical issues are promptly addressed, allowing you to focus on your website’s success.
Let’s check out GreenGeeks Pros and Cons first.
- Environmentally Friendly: The standout feature of GreenGeeks is its commitment to being a green company. They return three times the power they consume into the grid in the form of renewable energy.
- Great Uptime: GreenGeeks boasts of an impressive uptime, which is important for any business that relies on its website being accessible at all times.
- Solid Performance: Their servers are built for speed and deliver strong performance and load times.
- Good Customer Service: GreenGeeks has 24/7/365 customer support through live chat, email, and phone. Their support staff is known for being knowledgeable and helpful.
- Scalability: They offer a variety of hosting options including shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting, allowing businesses to scale up as they grow.
- Free Daily Backup: They provide automatic daily backups for free, which is a handy feature to protect your data.
- Free Site Migration: GreenGeeks offers a free website migration service, which can be a significant cost and time saver if you’re switching from another hosting provider.
- Higher Renewal Rates: While GreenGeeks offers competitive initial pricing, their renewal rates can be pretty high compared to the initial rate. This is a common practice in the web hosting industry, but it can be a surprise if you’re not expecting it.
- Setup Fee for Monthly Billing: If you choose a monthly billing cycle, there’s a setup fee, which is not the case for longer billing periods.
- Limited Server Locations: As of 2021, their data centers were primarily based in North America and Europe. This could potentially affect website speed for visitors from other parts of the world.
- No Windows Hosting: GreenGeeks only offers Linux-based hosting. If your website needs specific Windows applications, you might have to look elsewhere.
GreenGeeks offers three primary plans designed to cater to different website needs and budgets.
- Lite Plan (starts at $2.95 per month): The Lite plan is an entry-level package suitable for small websites or blogs just starting. It offers unlimited web space, unmetered data transfer, and a free domain name for the first year.
- Pro Plan ($5.95 per month): The Pro plan is a step-up designed for growing websites that need more speed and resources. It offers all the benefits of the Lite plan but with more power and resources.
- Premium Plan ($11.95 per month): The Premium plan is a top-tier package offering the highest performance and resources. It’s ideal for busy online stores or websites with high traffic levels.
While the pricing for GreenGeeks’ plans is quite competitive, it’s essential to consider additional costs that may apply.
- Domain registration: After the first year, domain registration costs apply. The price depends on the specific domain extension you choose.
- Website migration: If you have an existing website hosted elsewhere, GreenGeeks offers a free migration service.
- Security: GreenGeeks includes a free SSL certificate with all plans. However, additional costs may be incurred if you require premium security features.
It’s worth noting that GreenGeeks offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If unsatisfied with their service within the first 30 days, you can cancel and receive a full refund.
3. A2 Hosting – Starts at $3.95/mo Only
If your website heavily relies on visual content, such as images or videos, A2 Hosting is an excellent choice. With its emphasis on high-speed performance, A2 Hosting utilizes cutting-edge technologies like SSD storage, optimized caching, and global data centers to ensure quick loading times. They also provide various hosting options, including shared, VPS, and dedicated servers, catering to websites of all sizes.
Let’s check out the A2 Hosting pros and Cons first.
A2 Hosting: Pros
- Impressive Speed: A2 Hosting lives up to its “Our Speed, Your Success” tagline. With the SwiftServer platform, Turbo servers offering up to 20X faster page loads than standard hosting, and SSDs, A2 Hosting has put a lot of effort into ensuring your website loads quickly. Fast website speed is crucial for user experience and SEO, making this a significant advantage.
- Excellent Customer Service: A2 Hosting’s support team, known as the ‘Guru Crew’, is available 24/7/365 via live chat, phone, and ticket-based email system. The response times are quick, and the team is highly knowledgeable, handling issues professionally and efficiently.
- Environmentally Friendly: As a ‘green’ hosting company, A2 Hosting is committed to offsetting its carbon emissions. They’ve partnered with Carbonfund.org to fight against climate change. This might be a big pro for environmentally-conscious businesses.
- Free Site Migration: If you already have a website hosted elsewhere, A2 Hosting offers free site migration. This is particularly advantageous for those who are not tech-savvy or want to avoid the hassle of moving their site.
- Anytime Money-Back Guarantee: Unlike many other hosting companies that offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, A2 Hosting provides an ‘Anytime Money-Back Guarantee. If unsatisfied with their service, you can get a full refund within the first 30 days and a prorated refund for your unused service afterward.
A2 Hosting: Cons
- Restricted Cheaper Plans: While A2 Hosting’s pricing is competitive, their cheapest plans are limited. For instance, the Lite plan only allows for one website and five databases, which may not be enough for growing businesses.
- Additional Costs: Certain features, like Turbo servers and A2 Site Accelerator, are only available on more expensive plans. Backups are free on some plans, but others require an additional fee.
- Inconsistent Uptime: Although A2 Hosting promises a 99.9% uptime guarantee, some users have reported periods of downtime. While these instances are not the norm, they are worth considering.
A2 Hosting: Pricing
A2 Hosting provides various hosting options, including shared, VPS, reseller, and dedicated hosting. Each category has various plans to cater to different needs and budgets.
- Shared Hosting: The shared hosting plans start at $2.99/month for the Startup plan, $4.99/month for Drive, $9.99/month for Turbo Boost, and $14.99/month for Turbo Max.
- VPS Hosting: The unmanaged VPS starts at $4.99/month, managed VPS starts at $39.99/month, and the core VPS starts at $39.99/month.
- Reseller Hosting: The reseller plans start at $13.19/month for Kickstart, $18.47/month for Launch, $24.41/month for Grow, and $30.38/month for Scale.
- Dedicated Hosting: The prices for dedicated hosting range from $99.59/month to $290.49/month, depending on the plan.
4. Nexcess – Best Managed WordPress Hosting
For those venturing into the world of e-commerce, Nexcess is a top-notch hosting provider. Specializing in managed hosting solutions for popular e-commerce platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce, Nexcess offers scalability, security, and optimized performance tailored explicitly for online stores. Their exceptional support and infrastructure help ensure a smooth online shopping experience for your customers.
Let’s check out Nexcess Pros and Cons first.
Pros Of NexCess
- Outstanding Performance: Nexcess is renowned for its high-speed hosting solutions. It employs a technology stack that includes Cloud Accelerator, a feature significantly boosting website performance. Users have consistently reported speedy load times, which is vital for enhancing user experience and SEO rankings.
- Scalability: With Nexcess, businesses can effortlessly scale up their operations. Whether you need more bandwidth, storage, or other resources, Nexcess offers a variety of plans to accommodate your growth.
- Superb Customer Support: Nexcess provides 24/7/365 customer support through various channels, including phone, email, and live chat. The support staff are knowledgeable and eager to assist with any issue.
- Enhanced Security: Nexcess goes above and beyond when it comes to security. It offers daily backups, SSL certificates, malware scanning, and remediation to ensure your website is safe and secure.
- Environment-Friendly: Nexcess is committed to sustainable practices. Their data centers are 100% powered by renewable energy, making it an excellent choice for environmentally conscious businesses.
Cons of NexCess
- Higher Pricing: Nexcess’ premium services come at a cost, making it more expensive than some competitors. While the quality is generally seen to justify the expense, budget-conscious businesses might find it daunting.
- Complex Interface: Some users have reported that Nexcess’ interface isn’t as user-friendly as alternatives. The learning curve might be steep for users new to website management.
- Limited Locations: Nexcess data centers are primarily located in North America and Europe. Although they provide decent global coverage, businesses in Asia, Africa, or South America may not get the same performance benefits.
Nexcess offers a diverse range of hosting solutions with different pricing tiers.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Plans start from $19 per month for the Spark plan, which includes 15GB storage, 2TB bandwidth, and can host one website.
- Managed WooCommerce Hosting: Plans begin from $19 per month for the Starter plan, including 30GB storage, 3TB bandwidth, and the capacity to handle up to 500 orders per hour.
- Managed Magento Hosting: The XS plan is $49 monthly, featuring 50GB storage, 10TB bandwidth, and support for 20 concurrent users.
- Cloud Hosting: The lowest tier is $49 monthly with 40GB storage, 10TB bandwidth, and 2vCPU.
Remember, all these plans include the stellar customer support, enhanced security features, and high-speed performance that Nexcess prides itself on.
5. DreamHost – Starts at $3.99/mo Only
DreamHost provides a platform allowing users to make quick and responsive website changes. Their intuitive control panel and one-click installations simplify the website management process. DreamHost also offers a range of hosting services, including shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting, coupled with excellent uptime and competitive pricing.
Let’s check out Dreamhost Pros and Cons first.
Pros of Dreamhost
- Uptime Guarantee: DreamHost promises an impressive 100% uptime guarantee, and they have a history of living up to this promise. This assures that your website is available around the clock, optimizing user experience and performance.
- Generous Money-Back Guarantee: DreamHost surpasses industry standards with a 97-day money-back guarantee for shared hosting plans, allowing users to test the waters without significant financial risk.
- Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage: Most of DreamHost’s plans come with unlimited bandwidth and storage, allowing users to grow their websites without worrying about hitting a limit.
- Environmentally Friendly: DreamHost is committed to offsetting its carbon footprint. It has adopted energy-efficient practices and utilizes renewable energy credits to maintain eco-friendly operations.
- Free Domain and Privacy: DreamHost includes a free domain name and privacy protection with its annual hosting plans, reducing initial setup costs.
Cons of Dreamhost
- No cPanel: Unlike most web hosts, DreamHost does not use cPanel. While their custom control panel is straightforward, users familiar with cPanel might need some time to adjust.
- No Phone Support: DreamHost offers live chat and email support but no phone support. This can be inconvenient for users who prefer immediate, voice-based assistance.
- Limited Email: On the lowest-cost shared hosting plan, email accounts are available for an additional fee, which can be a turn-off for small businesses needing multiple email accounts.
DreamHost provides a spectrum of hosting solutions, each with different pricing structures:
- Shared Hosting: Shared Hosting plans start at $2.59/month for the Starter plan if billed for 3 years in advance. The Unlimited plan is $4.95/month, billed triennially.
- VPS Hosting: VPS Hosting starts at $10/month for the Basic VPS plan with 1GB RAM and goes up to $80/month for the Enterprise VPS plan with 8GB RAM.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting plans start at $149/month for the Standard plan and go up to $279/month for the Enhanced plan.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress Hosting has two categories – Shared WordPress Hosting starting at $2.59/month and DreamPress (managed WordPress hosting) starting at $12/month.
- Cloud Hosting: DreamHost’s cloud hosting, DreamCompute, starts at $4.50/month.
DreamHost offers a lot for prospective website owners. There’s much to appreciate, from its uptime guarantee to its eco-friendly initiatives. However, it may not be suitable for everyone. The lack of cPanel and phone support can be deal-breakers for some.
6. Bluehost – Starts at $2.65/mo
Bluehost is a trusted name in the industry, mainly known for its WordPress hosting services. With its seamless integration with WordPress and user-friendly interface, Bluehost is an excellent choice for beginners. They offer reliable performance, robust security features, and comprehensive tools to help you build and manage your WordPress website effortlessly.
Let’s check out Bluehost Pros and Cons first.
- Exceptional Uptime: One of the critical indicators of a reliable web hosting service is uptime. Bluehost guarantees an uptime of 99.99%, meaning your site is expected to be down for less than an hour annually. This impressive uptime ensures your website’s constant availability to visitors, minimizing potential losses due to downtime.
- Robust Security Measures: Bluehost provides powerful security features, including free SSL certificates, daily backups, and secure shell (SSH) access for secure web development. It also offers SiteLock, which defends your website against malware.
- User-friendly Interface: Bluehost is acclaimed for its easy-to-navigate cPanel interface. The layout is simple and intuitive, making it an excellent choice for beginners or non-tech-savvy users.
- Optimized for WordPress: As a hosting service officially recommended by WordPress.org, Bluehost offers seamless WordPress integration, making it a perfect option for WordPress users.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Bluehost offers round-the-clock customer support. Users can access help via live chat, phone, or email ticketing. The service also features a robust knowledge base for DIY troubleshooting.
- Lack of Free Site Migrations: Unlike some other hosts, Bluehost charges for site migrations. This extra cost may hinder those looking to transfer an existing website.
- Pricing Tricks: Bluehost offers attractively low prices for the first term, but these rates surge upon renewal. This might mislead customers who don’t notice the difference at first glance.
- No Uptime Guarantee: Bluehost does not guarantee contractual uptime despite its excellent uptime record. This may deter potential users who prioritize uptime guarantees when selecting their hosting service.
- Add-Ons at Checkout: Bluehost automatically includes add-ons to your cart at checkout. While they can be manually removed, some users may overlook these additions, leading to unexpected costs.
Bluehost offers several plans across shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting, each with its features and benefits.
- Shared Hosting: Starts at $3.95/month for the Basic Plan, renewing at $7.99/month. This includes one website, 50GB SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and more.
- VPS Hosting: Starts at $18.99/month for the Standard Plan, renewing at $29.99/month. This includes 30GB SSD storage, 2GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth, and more.
- Dedicated Hosting: Starts at $79.99/month for the Standard Plan, renewing at $119.99/month. This includes 500GB (Mirrored) storage, 4GB RAM, 5TB bandwidth, and more.
All prices mentioned are as of when writing this post and may be subject to change.
7. Cloudways – Starts at $10/mo Only
Cloudways stands out as a top provider of cloud hosting services. They offer a user-friendly platform that allows users to quickly deploy and manage websites on leading cloud infrastructure providers like AWS, Google Cloud, and DigitalOcean. With scalable resources, advanced caching, and optimized performance, Cloudways provides the flexibility and reliability required for high-traffic websites.
Here are the Cloudways Pros and Cons.
- Cloud hosting
- Managed environment
- Choice of cloud providers
- Very scalable
- It can be more expensive than other options
- No free domain name
- Email not included
8. WP Engine
WP Engine is a leading managed WordPress hosting provider catering to WordPress websites. With its focus on security, speed, and scalability, WP Engine offers a hassle-free hosting experience. Their automated backups, advanced caching, and expert support make them ideal for businesses or individuals who want to offload technical aspects and concentrate on content creation.
Let’s check out WP Engine Pros and Cons first.
- Fully managed service
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Blazing speed and performance
- Integrated customizable themes
- Expensive compared to other hosting plans
- No domains available
- Email is separate
HostGator is a popular hosting provider known for its affordability, making it an attractive option for startups and budget-conscious individuals. Despite its competitive pricing, HostGator delivers reliable uptime, a user-friendly control panel, and a wide range of hosting options, including shared VPS and dedicated servers. Their comprehensive support ensures that even beginners can navigate the hosting journey smoothly.
- A wide range of plans
- Very cost-effective
- Free domain and free site transfers
- Free SSL certificate
- No phone support
For websites that anticipate significant growth and require scalability, InMotion Hosting is a top contender. Offering a range of hosting solutions, including shared, VPS, and dedicated servers, InMotion provides excellent performance, advanced security features, and reliable customer support. Their scalable infrastructure ensures your website can handle increasing traffic and resource demands.
- 24/7/365 customer support
- Free SSL certificate
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive compared to other hosting options
- Most shared hosting plans don’t have monthly billing options
Selecting the right hosting company is vital for the success of your website. Each hosting provider mentioned in this blog post excels in different areas, catering to various needs and requirements. Whether you prioritize affordability, specialized hosting, excellent support, or scalability, this comprehensive review provides valuable insights to help you make an informed decision. Consider your specific needs, budget, and long-term goals when selecting a hosting provider, and remember that finding the perfect fit can significantly impact the success and performance of your website.
Read Best Hosting Deals & Offers
|Hostinger Coupon Code||Cloudways Coupon Code||GreenGeeks Coupon|
|HostArmada Coupon||Nexcess Coupon||Bluehost Coupon Code|
|WPX Coupon Code||ChemiCloud Coupon||A2 Hosting Coupon|
|WP Engine Coupon||Dreamhost Coupon||FastComet Coupon|
Best Web Hosting Services FAQs
Is it free to host a website?
There are two types of web hosting: free and paid. With free website hosting, you will receive basic hosting features for no cost. With paid website hosting, you will receive various hosting features based on a paid plan.
What is the difference between web hosting and web server?
A web server is a computer that stores your website and transmits it to the internet. A web host is a company or service that uses web servers to store and display your website.
Does WordPress offer its own hosting?
If you want to host your website on WordPress hosting, you can do that. But those plans are pretty expensive, and I don’t recommend them. Better if you choose any of the budget WordPress hosting plans mentioned in this article for beginners to save money.
Can you create a WordPress site without hosting?
Yes, you can do that if you are choosing the WordPress.com website. There you will be able to create a website with wordpress.com extension. But if you want a website with your domain name, you must go for hosting.
Is WordPress free with Bluehost?
WordPress is free software only. If you are buying hosting from Bluehost or any other hosting provider, you can easily install WordPress on that hosting for free of cost only.
Which is the cheapest WordPress hosting?
If you compare the price, Hostinger is the cheapest hosting provider with excellent performance. I have listed many other affordable WordPress hosting plans on this page. Please refer to that list and pick the best one.
Read Individual Hosting Companies FAQs
|Hostinger FAQs||Cloudways FAQs||GreenGeeks FAQs|
|Kinsta FAQs||Nexcess FAQs||Bluehost FAQs|
|A2 Hosting FAQs||Web Hosting Questions|
Top Recommended Web Hosting by Bloggingjoy.com
Let’s quickly summarize this article with some of the best web hosting recommendations for use cases.
|Best Hosting for 2023||Hostinger|
|Best Managed Hosting||Cloudways|
|Best Hosting Providers in India||Hostinger, ChemiCloud, FastComet|
|Best Hosting for WordPress and Blogs||Cloudways, FastComet, Hostinger, ChemiCloud,|
|Best Hosting for UPI Payments||Hostinger, Bluehost, YouStable, SiteCountry|
|Best Hosting for GST Invoices||Hostinger, Bluehost, YouStable, SiteCountry|
|Best Hosting for eCommerce||Cloudways, ChemiCloud, Rocket.net|
|Best Hosting for Beginners||Hostinger|
|Best Hosting for Customer Support||ChemiCloud, HostArmada|
|Best Managed VPS Hosting||A2 Hosting|
|Best Unmanaged VPS Hosting||Hostinger|
|Best Cloud Hosting||Cloudways, Rocket.net|
|Best Shared Hosting||ChemiCloud, Hostinger, FastComet|
|Best Hosting with Email Functionality||Hostinger, FastComet, ChemiCloud|
|Best Litespeed Hosting||ChemiCloud|
|Best Hosting for Speeds||Cloudways, Hostinger|
|Best Hosting for Call Support||Bluehost, YouStable|
|Best Hosting for Uptime||Cloudways, Rocket.net, A2 Hosting|
|Best Hosting for Ease of Use||Hostinger, Bluehost, EasyWP, Rocket.net|
|Best Hosting for Sitebuilder||InMotion Hosting, Hostinger|
|Best Hosting for 1 Year||FastComet|
|Best Monthly Hosting Plan||ChemiCloud|
|Best cPanel Hosting||FastComet, ChemiCloud|
|Best Hosting with Free Domains||Hostinger, ChemiCloud, Bluehost, HostArmada|
|Best Hosting with Free Migrations||ChemiCloud, Hostinger|
|Best Hosting for Refund Policy||InMotion Hosting|
|Best PHP Hosting||ChemiCloud, FastComet, A2 Hosting|
|Best Hosting for Node.js||ChemiCloud, A2 Hosting|
Conclusion: Which is the best Web Hosting Service for Beginners?
So, after this detailed guide on best web hosting services, let’s conclude this discussion and list out the recommended hosting providers again.
- Hostinger (www.hostinger.com)
- A2 Hosting (www.a2hosting.com)
- Cloudways (www.cloudways.com)
- GreenGeeks (www.greengeeks.com)
- Bluehost (www.bluehost.com)
- WP Engine (wpengine.com)
- DreamHost (www.dreamhost.com)
- Kinsta (kinsta.com)
- Rocket.net (rocket.net)
- Namecheap (www.namecheap.com)
- InMotion Hosting (www.inmotionhosting.com)
- Flywheel (getflywheel.com)
While there are many more web hosting companies, these few best web hosting provider recommendations for 2023 are my favorite ones. I hope this article will help you pick the right blog hosting. If you have any further questions & doubts, feel free to comment below & share your thoughts.
Checkout More Web Hosting Alternatives & Competitors
|A2 Hosting Alternatives||WP Engine Alternatives||Hostgator Alternatives|
|Bluehost Alternatives||SiteGround Alternatives||Hostinger Alternatives|
|Dreamhost Alternatives||Kinsta Alternatives||GoDaddy Hosting Alternatives|